Friday, August 9, 2019

1.Disorder Detected.



I would like to pen down my opinion about Thyroid as it might help others who are fighting with the same condition. This is out of my personal experience. Every mention in the following paragraphs is taken from my own experience :)

It was December, 2018 when I had my 1st interaction with Thyroid.
How?
I missed my periods and I was 101% sure about not being pregnant. It was something else. My health alarmed me so badly for the 1st time. I took an appointment with a gynecologist. I still remember it was December 22nd, 2018.

She was pretty sure it was hormonal, yet to rule out any other possibilities causing lower abdominal pain, she asked for a Urine test, Sonography, Blood Tests and a complete hormonal test.
Everything was okay except my TSH levels. It was auto-immune hypothyroidism.

Yes. It confirmed my lifetime medication for maintaining TSH levels of my body.
Out of zillion abnormal body conditions, I had an acute hypothyroidism.

What can lead to auto immune hypothyroidism? - "The causes are unknown but it can be due to stressful environment" this is what my doctor told me.
Every googled article said the same while few said it can be genetic. In my case "genetic" was ruled out.

I had many reasons which explained my "stressful" environment.
"Reasons make people weak" - this statement had hit me, hence I decided not to blame anyone for this. I just thought of keeping my calm and working on the things that are under my control now.

But your hypothyroidism won't let you do what a SANE you would do.


No comments:

Post a Comment