Wednesday, August 7, 2019

2.Opinions - Autoimmune hypothyroidism


When my gynecologist gave me a lifetime prescription of hypothyroidism, no one (including me) was ready to accept this had happened. It was the time for a second opinion. The 55 years old doctor also had the same opinion as my gynecologist. Pills started from 4th January, 2019.

Everything you will hear after this is:
  • Didn't I tell you your weight is increasing and you should exercise?
  • What?? You have thyroid? Will you have babies then?
  • Please start hitting the gym now
Very few people ask/tell you:
  • What is the root cause of this?
  • Please start taking out time for yourself now 
  • Can you for god sake stop taking stress?
  • Sorry, we kept blaming you for this but it was AUTOIMMUNE
I don't remember anyone but myself saying sorry about blaming me for this. 
All this while I was thinking of all the endless possibilities of why this happened:
  • Was it my negligence towards my increasing weight? 
  • Did I consume a lot of junk?
  • Did I fail to go on a diet?
  • My workaholic nature that did this to me?
I was not seeing that STRESS was the possible reason but then doctor was not even sure about it. 

"TSH" hit me so bad that I kept detaching myself from everything.





    

No comments:

Post a Comment